SwineCast Update for June 28, 2012, What's In Common with U.S. - Canadian Swine Industry?
- Audio: U.S. - Canadian Swine Industry Have Much In Common - While the U.S. and Canada joust on issues like mandatory Country of Origin Labeling (COOL) and cross-border trade, the need for protein around the world should forge closer ties in the future [audio].
- Audio: Where Are We On Air And Water Environmental Regulation? - Air quality standards have not gone away for livestock producers and we are still fighting against burdensome water run-off regulation. National Pork Producers Council Chief Environmental Council Michael Formica briefs press and producers at the recent World Pork Expo [audio].
- Video: Economic Grain Situation and Outlook - I am NOT opposed to ethanol. I do prefer it aged in oaken barrels or pretty glass bottles! sums up how Dr. Steve Meyers feels about corn used in ethanol. This presentation (with lots of charts for the data included) shares some other thoughts about the markets, grain, and the future of animal feed [video].
- Video: Doing What’s Right vs. Looking for the Camera - Lynn Becker, Pork Producer, shares what happened to him when his newly purchased swine unit was the focus of an undercover video. While he was not the owner during the video, he inherited the issues of dealing with the media, working with his business partners to keep them involved, and protecting his family from the media avalanche [video].
- Video: Secure Pork Supply Plan - If Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) were to appear in the US, what would farmers, ranchers, and business do? This presentation reviews the Secure Pork Supply Plan, who is involved, what needs to be done, and how producers need to develop their biosecurity plans [video] [Related plan for dairy video].
Conference Connection: Pork Academy - Sow housing options was just one of the important topics on the 2012 World Pork Expo agenda. The National Pork Producers Council shares why the debate needs to include producers in the future [audio]. Additional information on the animal health discussions along with a "We Care" program update [video] are also available via this Pork Checkoff supported page [page].
Don't forget to add SwineCast® to your playlist!
Thanks, again, for listening.